Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy 2013!!


Happy 2013!!!!!!  Ahh, yes, it’s that time of year again to make resolutions: pesky, mostly weight-loss promises we make to ourselves only to break them a few days later which results in beating ourselves up, eating a tub of (vegan) Chunky Monkey, trying again, and then eventually say “Screw it!!”. You know what I’m talking about. We’ve all been there at least once in our life. But this year, I’m doing something different. No more resolutions!!  No more promises. Instead, I am making a list of lifestyle changes, habits, goals, or, as a fellow blogger called them, skills, whatever they may be, that I would like to incorporate or accomplish this year. Each one will take time; I have no doubts I will fail a time or two; and I may never even get to some of these on my list…but that’s part of the fun right?

Beth's "To Do" List for 2013!

  • Focus on The Split Plate My number one goal this year is to focus more on this blog. I know last year was a bit silent, but I have the time now so be prepared for weekly posts, recipes and so much more! 
  • Get FITter – That’s right. I need to get back into the groove of working out everyday. I’ve put on a few pounds, in sort of a good way, but I need to tone up. Therefore, I’ll be putting my treadmill to work and following Tone It Up’s challenges. They have one going on right now until February! 
  • Try a new physical activity every couple of months – I’ve really been wanting to try some new physical activities: yoga, cross fit, rock climbing, biking, dance class, etc. Any others to suggest?
  • Learn to LOVE & LISTEN to my BODY - This will probably be the absolute TOUGHEST goal to reach. I've always had body image issues, but I have learned over the last year that I need to appreciate the body that I have been given. It is healthy, it allows me to move and to enjoy the things I do...I seriously can't complain...I love life and I wouldn't have a life if I didn't have this body. It's time to start showing it some LOVE!  
  • Break my nail biting habit
  • Attend at LEAST one vegan food fest or event outside of my homestate - That's right! Vegan Fair in Texas here WE come!! 
  •  
So what resolutions, habits, changes, or goals do you plan on making in 2013??

Here’s to a successful, healthy, and very Happy New Year!! 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment