Saturday, April 27, 2013

Blueberry Hemp Milk Smoothie

So I usually drink a green smoothie every morning as my breakfast, or on the weekends as a snack after my workout.  I usually don't follow a recipe as I have found that a lot of my favorite smoothies are ones that I make up myself.  I do use recipes from Young and Raw's 30 day smoothie challenge but I also tweak these a bit and add or omit certain ingredients.  If you haven't ever heard of Young and Raw or their 30 day Smoothie Challenge you should check it out!

Today was a day that I completely created my own smoothie recipe and it was by far my favorite.  After drinking an entire glass each my boyfriend and I were actually fighting over the leftovers in the blender.  If you would like to try a healthy, green smoothie that tastes like dessert check out this recipe I created today.  You can use this recipe to fool anyone who refuses to eat greens! 

Hemp Milk Creamy Blueberry Smoothie
16 oz hemp milk 
2 Tbs organic chia seeds
2 handfuls of organic kale & organic spinach 
4 organic dates 
1 frozen banana
1/2 - 3/4 cup frozen organic blueberries
6-8 ice cubes

This recipe makes enough for about 2 smoothies with a little left over.  I guarantee that this will be one of the best smoothies you have ever tasted!  Mmmmmmm....



- Kerry

No comments:

Post a Comment