Thursday, November 21, 2013

B7DRC - November 2013: Day 4 and Day 5: When busy, eat simple.



It’s Thursday!! One more day til Friday! Tomorrow I head to the ‘burg to watch Catching Fire balcony style with my hubby, my sister and brother-in-law. I’ll also be challenging myself to eat raw while we dine at a favorite local pub…no pickles, no beer, just salad. Eek! I can do it though!  It IS after all called a challenge! 

On another note, I realized today that my body prefers the new diet changes I have been making the last few days. Today I skipped my juice due to chaos yesterday evening and lack of time this morning and ended up feeling grossly full after my lunch. The gradual increase in foods in the morning and decrease in the evening has my body feeling pretty good. I think I’ll stick to it. No excuses. 

Okay so here we go on Day 4.

Early Morning + 16 oz water

Warm soothing lemon honey tea.

Juice

:(

Breakfast + 16 oz water

Mmm finally tried Brad’s FAMOUS Green Smoothie from his upcoming book, Brad’s Raw Made Easy! It is super delish! My daughter and I had a smoothie morning and while she didn’t drink much of her smoothie, I’m glad to see the impact my healthy habits are having on her food choices. 

This green smoothie is probably the tastiest smoothie I have ever had that includes both apple and pears! Most smoothies I have with either an apple, or a pear, or both are gritty and unappetizing. This one however, was great! It had some chew to it but it was still smooth and easy to drink and the flavor combo rocks! And no I’m not being paid to praise Brad’s recipes or products…I truly do love it! 

Brad’s FAMOUS Green Smoothie
Makes 16 ounces


My smoothie partner :)
  • 1 cup kale
  • 1 – ½ cups water
  • ½ large apple
  • ½ medium ripe pear
  • 1 frozen banana
    1. Simple! Blend and sip away! Whee!

Lunch +16 oz water


Again chaos last night meant little time to prep meals for us all so I went for a simple Mexican-inspired salad…we all know I have to have my Mexicano food at least once a week ;)

Simple and easy to prep: lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, green onions, some red bell peppers, cilantro, a giant dollop of guacamole, a sprinkle of spicy sprouted sunflower seeds and a lime on the side. Mmm!

Snack +16 oz water

Since I skipped juice I had a snack. Again, simple and easy. Almond butter stuffed dates aka nature’s candy. Filling and energizing!

Dinner and LOTS of water!

No dinner just a kombucha and some fruit including mango and a persimmon. Lots of snacking today!

Day 5

Since I’ll be out practically all day and all night tomorrow, I wanted to go ahead and post tomorrow’s eats…or at least what I PLAN on eating!

Early Morning + 16 oz water

Warm Lemon Tea!

Juice + 16 oz water

Yeah! Another recipe by Sunwarrior!! This is just as yummy as the other green juices! Refreshing!

Crazy for Kale
By Sunwarrior's Warrior Way in 30 Days
Makes 8 oz

  • 2 leaves of kale
  • Handful of parsley
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • ¼ lemon, peeled
  • ¼ - ½ cup red grapes or ½ apple
  • ½ cucumber, peeled
  • 1/2 inch piece of ginger
    1. Juice and enjoy!
Breakfast + 16 oz water

Sipping on another Sunwarrior Power Shake! See Recipe in Day 1’s post here!

Lunch + 16 oz water

I’ve been following Sunwarrior’s meal plans as part of the Warrior Way in 30 days challenge and I have been super satisfied so far with this challenge! Tomorrow’s dinner called for Pesto Pasta. Since I didn’t have any zucchini’s on hand I improvised and decided to make Pesto Cauli-CousCous. It’s just as tasty as the pasta version, just a different texture! I’m serving it on top of a bed of greens, surrounded by tomatoes, bell peppers and green onions and served with a lemon as an extra dressing if needed.
I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s lunch!

Pesto Cauli-CousCous Salad
By Beth Mickens
Pesto by Sunwarrior
Serves 1

Pesto
  • 1 large handful of basil
  • 1 small kale leaf
  • Sprinkle of oregano
  • 1 small clove of garlic, mashed
  • 2-3 Tbsp of nuts (I used a combo of cashews and walnuts)
  • 1/2 Tbsp of white miso
  • 1 Tbsp of lemon juice
  • 1 tsp of raw honey
  • 2 Tbsp of cold pressed oil (olive oil preferably but hemp will work as well)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
    1. In a small personal blender, blend all the ingredients together until smooth. Add a splash of water if needed.
Salad
  • 2 cups of mixed greens or green leaf lettuce
  • 2 cups of cauli rice (cauliflower simply processed til it resembles a course grain)
  • 2 Tbsp of Manitoba’s hemp seeds
  • ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 2-3 Tbsp of chopped red bell peppers
  • 2 Tbsp of sliced green onions
  • ¼ lemon slice, as garnish
  1. In a small bowl toss together the cauli rice and pesto until the cauli is well coated. It may seem to stick together, that’s fine I promise.
  2. Toss in the hemp seeds.
  3. On a plate or in a large bowl, add the mixed greens or lettuce.
  4. Add the pesto cauli-couscous.
  5. Top with tomatoes, red bell, and green onions.
  6. Garnish with a sprig of basil and lemon wedge.
  7. Serve.
Snack (if I’m even hungry!) + 16 oz water























Plan on nibbling on some Pomegranate seeds if I get hungry before dinner!

Dinner + 16 oz water

So for dinner we have plans to go to  a British Pub, our favorite British Pub, in the 'burg. Only problem is there's very little raw food to eat. Thankfully I've been there enough to know just what to do! Salad it will be but it's going to be a GOOD salad!

I'll update this post when I return tomorrow night!

Have a great Friday and an even better weekend!

*Beth*

No comments:

Post a Comment