Sunday, November 24, 2013

B7DRC - November 2013: Day 6 and 7: It's not a competition, but about learning to listen to your body.

If there is anything I learn every single time I complete one of Brad's challenges, it's this: Listen to your Body. Brad's Raw Challenge is not about who can post the yummiest or prettiest food, or who can post the best recipe, or who can be the most creative, but it's about learning to feed your body royally while at the same time listening to it's needs.

On Saturday I was not feeling well at all. My stomach was doing flips all day and everything I ate...well...made it's way back out within minutes of eating it. It was horrible. All I could do was drink water and plenty of it. I was bummed because I didn't really have anything to share with the other challengers but the great part is, that was okay because instead of trying to create something just to waste food, time and make me feel worse, I just went with the flow and listened to my body. By late that night I was feeling way better and by Sunday, great! Lesson learned: making a lifestyle change isn't a competition nor does it have to be rushed. It requires time, patience and a good ear in order to know what is best for your body. Take it slow and just enjoy the journey.

Now for what I ate on Saturday and Sunday!

Day 6

Early Morning

Water, water, water!!

Breakfast

A piece of my raw almond butter cup pie....I know so healthy.

Snacks


Go Raw Lime Coconut Chips, some dates and almond butter and Pom seeds.

Dinner

A giant leftover veggie salad with avocado dressing. Nothing fancy, just a bunch of leftover veggies thrown onto a plate and topped with mash avocado, lemon and salt!

Day 7

Upon Waking

WATER of course :)

Breakfast

A twist on Sunwarrior's Power Smoothie. Instead of the blueberries, spinach and apple juice I used pineapple/mango, cilantro, lime juice and water. Super delish!

Lunch

I was so busy I forgot to eat lunch! By the time I settled down at home I realized I was STARVING! So I took the raw sourdough crackers I bought at the store (from Living Spoonful) smothered them in leftover garlic cashew cheese and nommed away!

Dinner

I finally made a raw soup! I'm still following Sunwarrior's Warrior Way in 30 days and on the menu was a raw tortilla soup. I'll be honest, I'm not a major soup fan, except for maybe creamy roasted tomato soup with rice....but I'm always open to trying things at least twice. So I gave this Tortilla Soup a go.

I allowed it to warm up in the blender to make it warm considering it's freezing. I have to say it tasted better that way and really allowed the flavors to shine through. I topped my soup with some avocado, cilantro and green onions.

Overall it was pretty good. I definitely was looking for some texture, maybe some quinoa when not 100% raw, but I liked it. It has great flavor, great texture and it really filled me up! I recommend giving it a try. It may surprise you how yummy a raw soup could be! I do wish it was a bit thicker. Next time I may throw the avocado into the soup as opposed to on top.

Makes one LARGE bowl 
 
  • 1 large tomato
  • 1/2 yellow pepper
  • 1 small carrot
  • 1 stalk of celery
  • 1/2 cup corn
  • 1 green onion, whites only
  •  1/2 - 1 clove garlic
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 lime juiced
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • pinch of smoked paprika
  • cayenne to taste
  • salt to taste
  • 1/4 avocado, sliced or diced
  • cilantro, to garnish
  • green onions, to garnish
    1. Throw everything but the avocado, cilantro and green onions into a blender and blend on  high until smooth and heated to desire temperature.
    2. Pour into a bowl and serve topped with avo, cilantro and green onion
Aaaand once again another challenge has been completed!

So easy right??

SOOO who's going to join me next month!?

*Beth*

No comments:

Post a Comment