Friday, October 25, 2013

B7DRC - October Edition: Leftover Friiiiiidaaayy!



It’s FRIIIIDDDAY! Yes I am in a super pumped mood and I don’t think anything can put me down…except for maybe forgetting my after-lunch treat at home!  Yep. My goo goo cluster is at home in the freezer at this moment and I’m sad to have to finish my lunch without a sweet treat. Yes, I have a sweet tooth and I am quite OK with that. :) Didn’t ruin my day but I am pretty bummed at the moment…but…the day will go on! 

Since it is Friday that also means it’s leftover Friday! Every Friday I go through my fridge and eat whatever is leftover or needs to go before the weekend. This gives me an idea of what I need to purchase at the farmer’s market and store for the weekend. Plus it makes eating fun and easy!

So wanna know what I made? 

Early Morning:

Super sour lemon tea! Pucker up!

Breakfast:

As I glanced at the fruit in my fridge, I spotted an orange and immediately remembered of a Chocolate Orange Beet Smoothie that Lisa from Raw at $10 a Day posted not too long ago. The smoothie sounded and looked absolutely delicious so I figured, yep making that.

I had to modify the recipe according to what I had, but the final product was no doubt equally as tasty. Creamy, chocolaty, sweet and still nutritious! Now, the original recipe is intended for dessert but hey it’s Friday and I’m living life so today it’s dessert first!

Here is the original recipe and below, my modified version.


Chocolate Orange Smoothie
Makes 16 ounces
  • 1 cup greens (I used romaine)
  • 1 orange, juiced and zested
  • 1 cup raw almond milk
  • 1 ½ large bananas (or 2 mall ones), frozen
  • 2 Tbsp cacao powder
  • 1 scoop of raw protein powder
  • 2 Tbsp of hemp seeds
  • Pinch of salt
  1. Place all in a blender and blend away until smooth and creamy!
  2. Sip and enjoy!
Lunch:

Lunch is leftovers with an oddly tasty dressing I randomly whipped up.

Leftover Friday Salad with a Tangy Mystery Dressing
By Beth Mickens
  • Romaine
  • Mixed Greens
  • Tomatoes
  • Carrots
  • Green Peppers
  • Avocado
  • Mushrooms
  • Green Onions
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • ½ Tbsp hemp oil
  • 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 1 tbsp Honey, to sweeten
  1. For the dressing, add to a personal blender lemon juice, hemp oil, nutritional years, salt, pepper and a ½ of the honey to start. Blend on high til well blended. Season and sweeten to taste.
  2. Add all your leftover veggies into a bowl or onto a plate and top with dressing!

Super easy!!

Snack:

I had prepped and planned to enjoy a delicious banana vanilla chia pudding except when I got home it was warm from sitting in my bag and well, it was just no longer appetizing. Scanning my fridge I noticed leftover granola all alone waiting to be eaten. Cereal did sound kind of good and I WAS hungry. So into a bowl it went along with a splash of raw almond milk. Mmm. Yep, that was satisfying and I have the food baby to prove it.


Dinner:

No dinner tonight. Instead lots of cold water and one too many goo goo clusters. I think I'm in need of a sugar cleanse...

Happy Friday peeps!!! Enjoy your ***CHILLY*** weekend!

*Beth*


No comments:

Post a Comment